Australian High Commission
with Non-Resident Accreditation to Tunisia

Services for Australians

Services for Australians Overseas


If you are an Australian citizen requiring urgent consular assistance

  • Call the chancery switchboard on +356 2133 8201. If we cannot take your call you will be provided the option to be transferred to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's 24 hour Consular Operations Centre in Canberra.
  • Call the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's 24 hour Consular Operations Centre direct on  +61 2 6261 3305, SMS +61 421 269 080 or call 1300 555 135 (from within Australia).
  • Email us at
  • Find more information about consular services and passsports in the About Us section.

What we can and cannot do

Assisting Australians overseas, within limits.


Consular Services

Please note if you are a dual national in your country of other nationality, we will only be able to assist in exceptional circumstances.


Legalisation of Documents / Notarials:

An appointment is required for any Notarial Services or Document Legalisation, you can phone (+356) 2133 8201 or email to book an appointment. For more information on Notarial Services and Document Legalisation, please visit here

Please note that we only accept credit cards and BOV debit cards for payment of Notarial Services and Document Legalisation fees.



Payments can be made by cash or cheque in the Euro equivalent of the current Australian dollar application fee.

Apply for a passport online.


Changes to Australian Passport and Consular Fees, 1 January 2018

Please note Australian passport and consular fees will increase as of 1 January 2018.  See the list of passport and consular fees.

Local fees are subject to change monthly with currency fluctuations.


Visas and Citizenship:

The Australian High Commission in Malta, does not provide visa or immigration advice. Maltese and Tunisian citizens are now able to apply for visas online. For more information on visas and citizenship please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.


Duty Free, Prohibited Items and More:

To learn what you can send to or take into Australia please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.


On-line registration for Australians overseas

We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.

Former residents

A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services.

Returning to Australia

Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.

Bringing cats and dogs (and other pets) back to Australia.