Australian High Commission
with Non-Resident Accreditation to Tunisia

Travelling to Australia

Travelling to Australia

 Immigration and Visas

All travellers, except New Zealand citizens, must obtain a visa or electronic travel authority before travelling to Australia.

All passports must be valid for the duration of stay in Australia and must have the appropriate visa (if required).

 Customs & Biosecurity

The Australian Customs Service manages the security and integrity of the Australian border and assists people and cargo to move in and out of the country.

At the border Customs protects against the movement of illicit drugs and prohibited imports, collects customs duty payable by travellers and performs services for other agencies including the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.

Useful information about what items must be declared for inspection, what happens if you fail to declare or dispose of any biosecurity items or make a false declaration, what happens to siezed items and what can't be mailed to Australia can be found here.

For further information about biosecurity matters (formerly known as quarantine) please consult the Australian Embassy in Brussels which includes the office of the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.

 Travellers & Tourists

Plan your trip with, the official Tourism Australia website, which offers a wide range of travel information and planning tools including suggested holiday itineraries, daily weather updates, interactive maps and more.

Tourism Australia’s London office, also responsible for Malta, provides information and responds to public enquiries. The office can be contacted as follows:

\'Australia Centre\'
6th Floor, ‘Australia House’
Strand (cnr. Melbourne Place)

tel.: +44 20 7438 4601
fax: +44 20 7240 6690

Comprehensive information on a range of practical travel-related issues in Australia, including the Tourist Refund Scheme, can be found here.

The Tourist Refund Scheme enables you to claim a refund (subject to certain conditions) of the goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) that you pay on goods you buy in Australia.

 New arrivals provides a gateway to information ranging from citizenship, health and settlement help for migrants, to working conditions and buying a home in Australia.

The Australian High Commission cannot assist in finding employment in Australia.

Diplomatic and Consular representation in Australia

Information on diplomatic, consular and other representation in Australia can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website, including: