Job Vacancy: Housekeeper
Applications close Sunday, 18 October 2020.
The Australian High Commissioner is looking for a person with excellent housekeeping skills for the role of part-time housekeeper at the official Residence.
You will be a private employee of the High Commissioner.
You will have demonstrated experience as a housekeeper in a large home. You will need to have a positive can-do attitude, and an ability to work as a member of a small team. You will also need to be well organised, flexible and discreet.
- Part-time 15 hours per week, plus occasional overtime
- Annual starting salary is €7,020 for 15 hours per week, paid monthly
- Initial contract for 12 months, including 3 months’ probation, with possibility of extension
- All applicants must have the right to live and work in Malta
- Employment is subject to terms and conditions of Maltese employment law
- The successful applicant will need to provide satisfactory references, and any appointment is subject to a police clearance process.
The key duties are:
- General cleaning duties
- Laundry and ironing of the family and Residence linen
- Responsible for maintaining clean and tidy external facilities in the Residence: garden/terrace furniture, barbecue, garage, storeroom, swimming pool area, etc.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule, as agreed with employer
- Preparation and set up for events
- Other duties as required
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience as a housekeeper, preferably in a large home
- A good command of the English language;
- Self-sufficient and ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Attention to detail.
Please send an email and CV, outlining your skills and experience, to: [email protected]